- 150g butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 of a cup of milk
- Pretty things like sprinkles to decorate
Makes about 24
Pre heat your oven to 180* C /350*F/Gas mark 4 & line two 12 cup cake tins with paper/silicone cases.
Beat butter & sugar in a mixing bowl until light & fluffy, add in eggs gradually – mixing well after each addition.
Add vanilla & lemon juice & mix well.
Use a metal spoon to fold in sifted flour combined with baking powder & alternate with milk, mixing lightly after each addition.
Spoon 1 level tablespoon into each cake case & bake for 10-15 mins.
Leave to cool & decorate any way you like x x x